“Education is the key to success in life, and teachers make a lasting impact in the lives of their students.” - Solomon Ortiz.
Clayton Early Learning provides national leadership to advance the field of early childhood education by researching, implementing and disseminating innovative teaching models. Join our highly-skilled team as we promote educational equity for young children through family engagement, teacher preparation, and effective early education policy.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits!
Including medical, dental, flex plan, life insurance, LTD & STD, 401k, EAP, onsite wellness program, paid school breaks, sick, personal and vacation days, tuition reimbursement, professional development programs, and more!
- Plans, organizes, implements, and delivers a preschool program based on the individual and group's educational, intellectual, physical, social, and emotional potential of the children enrolled.
- Manages the classroom environment and works with the parents directly and as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Partners with the child family educator to manage center activities.
- Prepares and maintains documentation in compliance with Head Start performance standards and standard operating procedures.
- The ideal candidate for this position would have 1+ years experience working in Early Childhood Education.
- AA in ECE or 30 ECE credits, Level III Credential
To work with children, employees are required to pass a background check, physical, current PPD-TB, pediatric first aid and CPR, valid driver's license with evidence of auto insurance.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Interpret/understand basic information received as well as prepares and transmits it. Involves ongoing interaction with other employees, the general public, and children and parents within the community. May involve interaction with persons whose first language is not English.
- Develop, read and understand basic written materials, and compose information/instruction in written form.
- Understand and perform basic mathematical computations.
- Apply basic level analytical skills for assessment and evaluation responsibility.
- Apply basic level problem-solving skills essential in developing solutions for unanticipated issues and challenges.
- Remain calm and calm others in an emergency, stressful and/or confrontational situation.
- Identify conflict and take the steps necessary to resolve the issues or inform those who can.
- Work with other people taking into consideration, among the dynamics, their needs, their personal style, and the requirements of their jobs.
- Understand, and apply basic level organizational theories and practices essential in the development and implementation of policies, practices, programs, and employee communications.
- Demonstrates responsible professional behavior by participating effectively within and across teams.
- Performs other duties as assigned to ensure the quality of Clayton Educare education programs.
- Conduct activities involving stooping, kneeling, bending, crouching, crawling, twisting, and reaching on a frequent basis and substantial standing and walking , and moderate sitting.
- Supervise children by sight and sound.
- Sit on the floor or crouch at a child’s level. Lift a child weighing up to 50 pounds. Lift, carry, push, and/or pull a burden weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Grasp and manipulate office and art equipment and similar other tools and materials.
- Work with hands above shoulder height with a weight up to 5 pounds.
- Work with arms extended at shoulder height with a weight up to 20 pounds.
- Participate in routine conversation in person or via telephone, and distinguish telephone, radio/pager signals, alarms, and other auditory tones in a noisy environment.
- Distinguish small objects at near and far distances in conditions of bright or low light. Distinguish color and depth, and see objects in a wide field of vision.
- Respond to unanticipated situations involving activities of young children ranging in age from birth to three years of age.